Re: {Chrysler 300} power front windows , C , D , maybe E?

Re: {Chrysler 300} power front windows , C , D , maybe E?

Hi John

The old Gary Goers weather strip is flocked.  See photo.  I was very impressed by the quality and fit.  No problems there.

I understand your longitudinal tightness problem is different from my angularity issue.  I don’t have an answer to a problem that I didn’t have, but I did remember an issue with the Gary Goers insert.  I have attached a photo looking down into the rear of the glass in the up position.  It is on the passenger side (good) door.

You can see the rear of the glass has plenty of clearance to the back of the door slot.  It is about half that on the driver’s side but still clear.

What I remembered is the Goers insert had to be pounded in along its length (with a slim piece of wood or something) to fully seat it in the Chrysler channel.  If you didn’t do that, you will lose longitudinal clearance (and maybe get a tight spot if inconsistent).

If you look carefully at the cut end you will see the Goers insert has a steel core with a rounded edge.  When you pound it in, the rounded edge rolls inwards pinching the channel.  That makes it hard to install and unnecessarily tightens on the window frame. If the Goers channel was about 2 mm deeper, it could bottom out without the edges closing in.

My final thoughts are; your vent frame is too far back (by a few mms) and/or your inserts are not fully seated in the channels. Are you sure your rear chrome edge is properly seated on the glass?

Good luck

Henry

Email sent using Optus Webmail

---