Re: [Chrysler300] 1957 Explained

About six or seven years ago we invited the Diamonds to come and play
for us at a '50s Dance Night charity event for the Holland Museum down
at the Old Armory.  Judy and I and two other couples dressed the part.
She was dressed in a bright red taffeta dress with her hair in a
ponytail, and I was in a white sport coat and a pink carnation - and, of
course, the obligatory white buck shoes.  We all six loaded into our
Gauguin red 300C - the same one Judy and I had dated in so many years
ago - and drove off to The Dance.  I should not have been surprised when
we were given a parking place right at the front door.  We stepped out
to accolades, we sashayed in, and we danced for a nostalgic evening I'll
never forget.

Thanks Chrysler.

Thanks Diamonds.

Thanks Kodak.

For the memories.

Keith Boonstra

-

On 2/15/2012 7:45 PM, George McKovich wrote:

> We saw this original group perform in Tarpon Springs, FL at a security
> traders convention in 1987. They were dressed significantly more
> casual and fitting for the 1950's. BTW, I believe the "original" song
> was done by a black group known as the Clovers and the Diamonds did
> this "cover" of it as was common in those days.
>
> George
>
> On Feb 15, 2012, at 12:26 PM, "Rich Barber" <c300@xxxxxxx
> <mailto:c300%40ez2.net>> wrote:
>
> > This is a good example of the music of 1957 that caused us to crank
> up the
> > sound to the point of vibrating the speaker grilles on our Chrysler
> 300C.
> > The Diamonds playin' wide open on KIOA or WHB-AM, top and windows down,
> > pipes-a-talkin'. Old timers will want to go back in time and the
> music may
> > help the whippersnappers to fully understand the cars of the
> '50's-it was
> > all about transport to new places at a new pace.
> >
> > 2 Performances 47 years apart
> >
> > If you were alive in 1957, and old enough to enjoy Rock and Roll,
> you will
> > probably remember the group, "The Diamonds" who had just launched their
> > super hit "Little Darlin' ". For you that are too young to remember
> - it was
> > a time when the performers were happy, enjoying themselves,
> respecting their
> > fans, dressed appropriately and their lyrics could be understood.
> They did
> > not feel obligated to scream, eat the microphone, mumble inaudible
> lyrics or
> > trash the set.
> >
> > In 1957, The Diamonds had a hit with "Little Darlin". 47 years
> later, they
> > were requested to perform at Atlantic City ... This link leads to both
> > performances.
> >
> > Watch the first one then scroll down for the new one 47 years later.
> >
> > http://www.flixxy.com/the-diamonds-little-darlin-1957-2004.htm
> >
> > FYI - The lead singer of the Diamonds is also the father of Tom Hanks
> >
> > Enjoy the trip!
> >
> > Rich Barber
> >
> > Brentwood, CA
> >
> > 1955 Chrysler C-300-Ready for the 2012 shows
> >
> > 1964 Chrysler 300K-coming along nicely-has an AM radio with a
> lunchbox sized
> > reverb unit behind the back seat-can't wait to hear '50's & '60's
> music with
> > adjustable reverberation.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional