Re: [Chrysler300] 1957 Explained

We saw this original group perform in Tarpon Springs, FL at a security traders convention in 1987. They were dressed significantly more casual and fitting for the 1950's. BTW, I believe the "original" song was done by a black group known as the Clovers and the Diamonds did this "cover" of it as was common in those days.

George

On Feb 15, 2012, at 12:26 PM, "Rich Barber" <c300@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is a good example of the music of 1957 that caused us to crank up the
> sound to the point of vibrating the speaker grilles on our Chrysler 300C.
> The Diamonds playin' wide open on KIOA or WHB-AM, top and windows down,
> pipes-a-talkin'. Old timers will want to go back in time and the music may
> help the whippersnappers to fully understand the cars of the '50's-it was
> all about transport to new places at a new pace.
>
> 2 Performances 47 years apart
>
> If you were alive in 1957, and old enough to enjoy Rock and Roll, you will
> probably remember the group, "The Diamonds" who had just launched their
> super hit "Little Darlin' ". For you that are too young to remember - it was
> a time when the performers were happy, enjoying themselves, respecting their
> fans, dressed appropriately and their lyrics could be understood. They did
> not feel obligated to scream, eat the microphone, mumble inaudible lyrics or
> trash the set.
>
> In 1957, The Diamonds had a hit with "Little Darlin". 47 years later, they
> were requested to perform at Atlantic City ... This link leads to both
> performances.
>
> Watch the first one then scroll down for the new one 47 years later.
>
> http://www.flixxy.com/the-diamonds-little-darlin-1957-2004.htm
>
> FYI - The lead singer of the Diamonds is also the father of Tom Hanks
>
> Enjoy the trip!
>
> Rich Barber
>
> Brentwood, CA
>
> 1955 Chrysler C-300-Ready for the 2012 shows
>
> 1964 Chrysler 300K-coming along nicely-has an AM radio with a lunchbox sized
> reverb unit behind the back seat-can't wait to hear '50's & '60's music with
> adjustable reverberation.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: