[Chrysler300] Eleanor Riehl

Hello All,

I want to echo the sentiments of those others who have written earlier. Many of us who have met with and/or spoken to Eleanor over the years have stories and personal memories. All of them good I'm sure. I've know Eleanor and George for about 20 years. Time goes by fast. The first meet I attended many years ago I met Eleanor in person the first time. She made me feel at home right away. Like I had been coming to meets for years.

Over the years, As Eleanor wasn't able to come to meets anymore, I had the pleasure to talk with her many times and correspond via email. Her knowledge of the Club, other members and the cars in general was uncanny. She was like the Club library.

A little over two weeks ago I had the unfortunate "pleasure" of having surgery. Nothing serious. George had called me while I was in the hospital. When I got home, his message was there. I tried George back but he wasn't home. I had another opportunity to talk with Eleanor. I didn't know it would be my last. I mentioned I had been in the hospital. Despite all of Eleanor's health problems, she's asking me how I am and telling me to take it easy. When I asked how she was, she responded that she was doing fine and quickly changed the subject. She didn't want to dwell on her problems. Always a strong woman.

Two days later, I got a "get well" card in the mail from the Riehls. I can tell Eleanor signed it. She always cared about the members. They were like her extended family.

For those of you who didn't get to know Eleanor, you truly missed an opportunity. For those of us who did, we are better for it. I ask that everyone keep the Riehl family in your prayers.

Thank you,

Brian Frank

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: