[Chrysler300] (Chrysler 300) Eleanor Riehl

[Chrysler300] (Chrysler 300) Eleanor Riehl

Fellow 300 Club members;
Only about 1/2 of the Club members are on this list, and I'd guess,
only 20%  of you have met Eleanor. That's a real shame, as there aren't
many that equaled her.
Here are some of the reasons, of which the vast majority of you are
unaware:
Eleanor was the "brains" of the outfit. Was a very funny Lady. Also was
George's "Right-hand Man", his "Hard-drive", Eleanor kept him straight,
and more importantly, kept the Club business and publications straight.

The Riehl's ARE the 300 Club Intl. Without their dedication , which
went far beyond what almost anyone else would do, the Club would have
floundered many years ago.
Under their stewardship we have been kept on a very stable path, never
having any money problems, Leadership, or any other problems which
plague so many other clubs.
I personally know that even with all the pain she endured over the last
5 years or so, she insisted on doing nearly all the Club work she had
always done. She spent many hours each day on Club Business. Many of
us have offered to "lighten the load" for her and take on some of the
duties over these difficult years, but she just said "no, it keeps me
busy".

We have had the Honor to know Eleanor since 1978 or so, by mail. We met
her in 1980 at our first meet, and Eleanor was at every other one until
  Spring of 1999, when her troubles started. If you came to a meet,
Eleanor was sitting in the Hospitality Room to register and greet you.
She was always there, always there, without fail. She remembered mostly
everyone, even if she only talked to you by phone, she remembered you,
and knew what you drove and what your car's problems were. If you
phoned the "Office", she usually answered and could often  answer your
question, or refer you to those who could, including George. All this
knowledge from a Lady who didn't drive.

We've suffered a great loss, and so has her family. So, we have to step
in and be there for them as she was their support, they'll miss her the
most.

Jo Ann and I grieve along with the family and know that she's pain-free
now and in a better place.

Ray and Jo Ann Jones

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: