[Chrysler300] G carb problem

Hi guys, Nathan Harris here - last night, driving my G home, had to slow for
traffic on the LA freeways, so what else is new.  All of a sudden, the rpms
dropped to about 500, and when I tried to accelerate, car backfired up front
and stalled.  Restarted fairly easily, but on the way home stalled when I
slowed to make a right turn.  Could not restart at all until I opened hood,
took off the right air cleaner, and noted that the butterfly was totally
closed on the right side, did not look at the left side.  Used a screwdriver
to hold open, car started, went to 1200 rpm on idle, then when I put in
gear, went to 500 and was about to stall when I pushed neutral.  Car
sputtered for awhile, then picked up rpms.  I held accelerator down, put in
gear, and drove off ok.  This am, tried to start, started first try, ran to
about 1200 rpm, held there for about 2-3 minutes.  Put in reverse, and it
dropped to 500 and would have died but I put in neutral.  Sputtered for
awhile, then died.  Could not start, used the screwdriver again.  Is this a
choke problem??  Do not have electric chokes, would that help?  I had the
anti stall device put on about a month ago, seems to work?  Where do I start
looking?  Thanks.