Parts, Parts,Parts for sale: reply

Hi there, Gordon Snow in Colorado, and all...

Gordon, I want to let you know how much I appreciate your gesture - i.e. -
offering your parts to Club members direct, using the listserver - as
opposed to placing them for sale on ebay. That, in my mind, is what the
true spirit of Club camaraderie is all about .

I have received a lot more than I can ever repay, both in terms of
friendship, help, and, yes - parts too - from various other Club members
over the years. Some of these parts were just flat given to me, outright,
by friends who knew I needed them for one of my cars. They refused payment
of any kind. Others were sold to me at 'Club member prices'.

I really don't want to name specific individuals who thus helped me over the
years - mostly because I'd probably omit someone I should mention. But, to
those whose generosity I was the recipient of, thank you. You know who you
are.

I should add that this note is not meant to denigrate or criticize Club
members who DO list parts for sale on eBay in any way. To each his own. I
just really wanted to point out that I appreciated Gordon's e-mail very
much, and wish I'd see more gestures like his, more often.

John Hertog
Sag Harbor NY