Re: [Chrysler300] Gasket sets

Dave,

The ROL gaskets I have seen appear to be very well made. It is possible they, like others make different quality levels. I would suspect by the price the set you mention is not a premium set. Stay away from cork and look for composite material instead, it has much better sealing power and is worth the extra expense.

The FelPro composite head gaskets for a Big Block are $43 each. In my toughest application, I used the small block version in a 13 - 1 360 used in oval track racing without a failure. Small blocks have only 10 head bolts (per head) as opposed to the 17 of a big block. They have more of a propensity to blow a head gasket under extreme conditions because of less holding force. For a stock rebuild, with say a 413 10 - 1 engine as opposed to steel shim gaskets they will shave a few tenths of a point compression, which is not a bad thing with modern gasoline. Stock Chrysler engines used steel shim gaskets with really no problems, I just like the extra insurance of the high performance FelPros

300ly

Russ Vaughan

Dave Agnew <Fnnutz@xxxx> wrote:
Group,
I have a Fel-Pro engine teardown kit for MoPar BB engines, FS7891PT11 which I have had to rat for various bits for a 413.
Looking on e-Bay, I see full sets of ROL gaskets being offered by a vendor with thousands of positive feedbacks, and no negatives.
These ROL sets interchange with the same Fel-pro numbers, plus, the vendor throws in a valley pan gasket.
He asks about $46 for the whole set, which seems like extraordinarily good value to me.
Anyone have any experience of ROL ?
Also, what is better? Steel shim head gaslets.........or composite? Or, is there nothing in it?
Thanks in advance folks.
Dave in New Zealand.