judging & pre-registration for Concours

Roger,

Pre-registration is required to enter a car in Concours so that the judges
may adequately prepare to judge said vehicle. This preparation entails
pulling up microfilm records for that particular car and having the relevant
info available to the judges the day of the concours. This must be done
well in advance of the meet.

Remember, cars are judged on an "as-built" basis. Points are deducted for
dealer-added items, owner-added items, wrong color, etc. ; there would be no
way for the judges to know what is correct on any given car without the
microfilm dedcoding and interpretation at hand.

Perhaps the Club needs to advise members more clearly that pre-registration
is required for Concours cars? I do not recall ever having a problem with
concours, anytime I entered this car or that, but then again, I had
preregistered.

And, Roger, trying to compare this Club with the Chrysler 300 Club Inc. (the
"other" Club, as you refer to it), is absolutely pointless and irrelevant.
Each Club has much to offer to its members, but in completely different
ways. Judging standards are completely different in each Club.

John Hertog