Re: [Chrysler300] judging

Would anyone care to comment on whether wire wheels get dinged on a 300 B.

Some say yes, some say not(was dealer installed only, this was the case also
of some items such as hubcaps or radio antenna or floor mats--I do not know
if this is true or not--).

What about paint? Enamel verses one or two stage polyurhethanes or lacquer.

What of windows without factory bugs(emblems!!Corvette guys get you on this
as well as over restoring), factory overspray, proper mufflers and clamps,
hoses with factory part numbers and on and on.

I believe what I am asking, is if there is a rule book or judge's pamphlet
that covers all these details, or is it all subjective to the decision of
the judges at that particular meet.

Something that threw some of us off(one fellow had towed an incredible 300 C
some 400 miles) at the Jett Ranch meet was that you could not register for
Concour at the meet itself. This was not made totally clear that
registration for Concour could only be done at the time as the general
registration for the meet.

What purpose does this serve other then eliminate some potential Concour
cars from competing as happened at that meet. I myself thought that I had
read the general registration application closely and felt that I had the
option to register for the Concour upon arrival at the meet(my car was under
some major work at that time and was uncertain if it would be ready--as
incidentally was the 400 mile trip car--).

Of course we were both extremely disappointed at the ruling made upon
attempting to register at the meet. The Concour had an extremely small
turnout as most autos that showed up were put into street show and we know
the quality and accuracy of judging in these.

Incidentally the OTHER club does not have such a rule.

Roger Schaaf
300 B California