rE: iNSURANCE

Hey Group!

I was a commercial insurance broker for a dozen years so I have always been
a well informed insurance buyer. When my car sat, I had JC Taylor and never
had a claim. I drive all my collector cars more than 2500 a year and all to
places they say I shouldn't. I switched to a major carrier. I have had a
couple of minor claims over the years and have been very happy with my
standard carrier, Wawanesa Insurance in CA. They asked me to have the car
inspected which I did. The inspectors didn't know much but were willing to
take my word on things. I also submitted a list of options and photos of
the car to keep in case of a claim. I asked and received in writing how
they adjust an old car claim. Apparently they go to auction prices and old
car pricing guides. (Which I feel both can run on the high side.) I was
told that my knowledge and information would be taken into account. My
photos are exceptional and the car is less so.I am confident that the
adjustor will see that my 3 is a 2. When I had minor claims, they were
great about sending an adjustor with old car experience and I was very happy
with the claim settlement. I have a 1950 Chevy, and two 1962 Chryslers
insured with all of them for less than $900---these are the daily drivers.
We have no other cars except our Eldo. The 1955 Eldorado is insured for
comprehensive only and with American Collectors because it is stored waiting
for my lottery win so I can restore it.

That is my two cents for the people who need more than collector
coverage.the ones who need driving coverage. Document everything, send
photos and give them plenty of information for their files before you have
any claim. Ask them how they adjust a vintage car claim. They are
required my law "to make you whole" and their inexperience with the vintage
market tends to make you a bit more than whole with your input and help. I
have also found from professional experience that the squeaky wheel gets the
claim grease. If you have a claim, do research, present your findings and
be a pain the tail until it is resolved to your liking. And don't sign a
release until it is to your liking! The court system always favors the
insured and the insurance companies know that so they give up before it can
get to that point. Be persistent!!

Jennifer Allyn

California