300 C

Hi group

Anyone out there with an opinion about the air filter housings (dual,
goose neck) for the 300 C?

I thought they only came in painted (bronze/gold finish) version but
after more carefully looking at mine they turns out to be plated.
Obvious is that mine are with copper plated over the sheet metal and
after that a yellow/gold tone top metal covering layer. Anyone seen
anything similar before, and could it have been an alternative version
together with just a coat of paint already from new? Problem now is
that humidity came inbetween these metal layers and caused delamination
and some rust. Will be necessary to reverse the plating processes in
order to get back to bare sheet metal and enable a new paint, or will
re-plating of sealing layer of copper and top coat of plated (yellow
chrome/zink) also be regarded as an original alternative?

>From snowy, cold Sweden

Ulf 3N57 2660