Panelescent Lighting

Interesting that someone should mention that modern Chryslers use
Panelescent lighting. Indeed they do. My friend Bob Haag gave me a
panelescent setup off his Sebring? Intrepid? ; the only panelescence on
that car is... the shifter lighting !

Anyway, a very very small power supply operates the thing.. I immediately
hooked it up to 12 volts and the shifter lighting worked. So I disconnected
it and tried it on
a '60 speedometer. Unfortunately, way too dim. It DID work, and it did
light up the speedo, but very dim...

John Hertog
Sag Harbor NY