300C engine smoothness

Hello folks!
I just got my 300C back after 5and 1/2 months of restoration. I
need some help if possible. It sounds rather ridiculous but I'm not sure
how smooth this vehicle should run?! I drove it for 20 miles prior to
purchasing it in California in January. It arrived to my home in
Oklahoma on February 9th, and then I drove it for one afternoon on
February 11th and then it went in for the restoration work on February
12th. Besides replacing a few belts and changing the engine oil and the
differential and power steering fluids, the only engine work was
installing the Pertronics Ignitor electronic ignition system. The rest
of the work was involving body, interior, chroming, suspension, brakes
and front end work. I've driven it about 175 miles in the past 3 days.
The transmission shifts well and there is no slippage. However the
engine seems to shudder and throb under acceleration and is smooth as can
be when backing off the accelerator once desired speed is reached. It
idles smooth and starts immediately. The spark plugs are all clean and
all the distributor wires are intact. There is a distinct gasoline smell
when idling when stopped at a traffic light. I understand that the 392
hemi has a racing camshaft and won't sound like a New Yorker and that's
cool.....however I can't imagine anyone shelling out over 5K in 1957 for
a real rough running engine. My thoughts (what I'm going to suggest to
my mechanic) when he gets the car tomorrow:
- ceramic fuel filters need cleaning?
- intense carburetor adjustment needed? (I'm including the 1957
Chrysler/Imperial service manual and the 300C service supplement in the
car for his reference)
- distributor cap wobbling? (my Dad's 383 2 bbl Fury III 1967 developed
a similar behavior pattern on acceleration and had a loose distributor
base that caused stumbling and was corrected by replacing the
distributor)
-something with the transmission that requires adjusting?
HELP!! Thanks! ROB KERN