Temperature Control Valve

Hi all,

Can anyone please help me verify this one! I just bought a NOS A/C heater control valve #1972-779 from a vendor in Georgia.
The box was marked with the right number but the valve itself is marked #1972-776. The valve is brand new and has the correct coil and bracket that goes into the Evaporator. I looked in my 61 parts book and it is not a 61 parts number.
Does anyone know the year to this application? I just want to make sure it will work. Could it be a superceded number?

Thanks for the help,

Dan