Re: [Chrysler300] 1962 Chrysler Speedometer Cable Housing and Cable???

Re: [Chrysler300] 1962 Chrysler Speedometer Cable Housing and Cable???

Would anyone have a spare speedometer cable HOUSING and CABLE that they are
willing to part with? I need it for my 62 300.
Mine just got fried. In the original one I took out the cable to lubricate
it. As I was putting the cable back in the housing it stopped at about the
half way point. Further investigation showed a kink. No problem. I had a
real nice spare. I put the spare through the firewall and down to the trans.
Everything seemed okay. I was inside the car (hood was down) and I was
sending the cable into the housing. This cable started to jam. How could it,
everything was like new? I got up to see what was wrong and I saw smoke
coming out from under the hood. Luckily I have these "cam action quick
release" battery terminals.
As I was sending the cable through the housing it was moving the housing
right against the started terminal. It kind of welded through the housing
and welded the real nice cable to the real nice housing. The cable housing
is burned through so bad that it is almost in two pieces.
Now I do not know how fast or slow I am going. Anybody got a spare.

Charlie Valentine
300G, 62 300 Sport Convertible