Re: [Chrysler300] '62 300 race cars

Hi all;
Leonard joined the club some months before the Spencer, NC meet, hosted by
Rev. Carl Kreps. He was then retired from Petty Ent., and was instrimental
in getting the club access to the racing shops at Petty Ent. The members
toured where the public is not allowed, and some of us were lead by Lee
Petty, himself.
He also got us into Charlotte (Lowe's) Speedway where we had lunch in the
private Clubhouse overlooking the track. We were also allowed to park our
cars on the sidewalk in front of the Main entrance and had pictures taken
there. In add'n, he had Tim Flock there at lunch as a special guest. Tim
signed copies of the famous drawing of the 300's side by side on the Daytona
bank, some had their dashes/gloveboxes signed.
He arranged other things for us, which enhanced Carl's meet, and made it
truly special. Lee Petty and Tim flock are gone now and most of us would
have never met them had it not been for Leonard, and we all thank him again.

These things are the fabric of our meets, most of them special in their own
way, and the members who skip them are missing many great experiences. If
you haven't made a meet, just do it. I promise you, you'll want to come
again!

Get those registration forms in, please, and we'll see/meet ya there!
Ray Jones, Meet Coordinator