Re: [Chrysler300] '62 300 race cars

Owen,
The red 300H stock cars of the Bakers were probably backed or owned by
Leonard Berger of North Carolina. I met him last month at AACA Meet in
Greenville, S.C. where I showed my 300B. He told me Buck raced for (with?)
him on Nascar circuit with the "H" 's and that Chrysler had given him a red
300H for his personal use. He wishes he had it now.
He does not have the original red H that they gave him but now has a Tan
(rare) 300H that he uses and drives to meets. It is an AACA Senior from
several years ago but still very presentable.
He is a member of our Club. Of interest is that he also managed most of the
real estate for the Petty's in N.C.
I helped him with his bags into the hotel for the Greenville AACA Meet. His
room number was....................you guessed it.............Room #300 !!!!

John R. Cote
CT.