Re: [Chrysler300] '62 300 race cars

Ray, thanks for bringing up the Spencer meet. It certainly was outstanding.
I have all of Tim Flock's talk on tape. Who would have thought he would have
been gone just a year or two later? Oh, yes, and then there was the chat
with King Richard himself, in the parking lot after the Petty Enterprises
tour. (A few of us were still hanging around--- having a little refreshment!)
Regarding the Baker race cars. I would certainly doubt they were 300Hs. Why
pay for all the extras not needed in a race car----especially that interior?
I don't know if any pictures exist of the cars from the rear, but I would be
very surprised to see any "Hs" on the deck lids! Maybe someone more
knowledgable in old NASCAR stuff could enlighten us on that. Other racing
1962s like Brock's, Granatelli's, and Faubel's were not lettercars. I did
buy one of the pictures on ebay referred to. A little fuzzy, as the seller
warned, but pretty cool to hang on the wall. 300ly, Gil