question for 57 300C a/c experts

My question is regarding the infamous 'power piston', which is powered by engine oil pressure. I know how the high pressure oil line gets to the unit, but I have no hose connected to the 'drain port' on the unit. According to the manual, a hose from this port makes it way to the engine oil pan? Any help appreciated.
John (I will drive this someday) in Mass.