EFI

Hello All:
This kind of relates to Chrysler 300s----at least to those few of us that
dream of getting our 300D fuelies running some day! Last Sunday, Myself and
Club members Michael Burke and Andy Mikonis attended the Concours d' Elegance
at Amelia Island near Jacksonville, FL. Among the numerous Duesenbergs,
Ferraris, and V16 Cadillacs was a very special Chrysler product. Club member
Tom White was invited to the event to display his 1958 DeSoto Adventurer
convertible equipped with original electronic fuel injection! Tom had
obtained the original setup, carefully stored since it was removed from a car
in 1958. It was in perfect condition. Through tremendous individual effort,
he has it running-----the first such occurance in almost 45 years. Yes, I had
my camcorder to record the sight and sound of the event. Tom just stood by
the car and reached in the window to start it right up with no trouble
whatsoever. Unlike the 300D, the DeSoto is a hydraulic lifter engine. It
still has a destinctive mechanical sound however----that of the solenoid
operated injectors opening and closing! Needless to say, we were duly
impressed. Only 82 Adventurer convertibles were made, and this may well be
the only one originally with FI. A rare car among the rare. We congratulate
Tom on his significant achievement! 300ly, Gil C.