Re: [Chrysler300] Radio Upgrades - LED

John,

Its probably my audiophile interests getting in the way of my car pursuits. I guess I kind of liked the LED on the '51 Chrysler. As far as the '61 G goes, I installed a separate power amp and small equalizer with CD plug-ins. I have a small "Walkman type" Sony AM/FM CD player I just plug in the equalizer and get great sound through the hidden speaker system installed in the car. The CD player has Velcro on it, and I stick it to a custom cut mouse pad that sits on the console.

Speakers consist of replacing the 6 X 9 in the dash with a pair of 4" coaxials, and 5" coaxials are installed in the kick panels. Also I managed to get a small powered subwoofer hidden under the dash. It is a "stealth" system, the cost was low, and it sounds great.

By the way, I'm looking forward to Reno!

Bob J