Trans Identity

Thanks to all who helped with my 55 re-wire. Its all done and everything
works, even the gauges.

The car was fitted with a 3 speed TorqueFlite at some time in its past. The
job seems to be well done (much better than the wiring job I just replaced).
The push buttons are arranged in a vertical row where the lever used to be
and are held in by an aluminum housing. Works fine.

I just need to identify the transmission for future work. Its cast iron
with the number 1854220-8 cast into it. Any ideas as to year/model?

Thanks
Frank 55 C300