Engine rebuild 300F

Thanks to all for the replys and wise advice. I am
committed to a quality rebuild from a competant
machine shop. Before going to the mechanic I spoke
with the partner/owner of a local machine shop and we
talked about what I might expect in terms of what
parts to replace and availabity of parts. With me
delivering a disassembled engine, his estimate was
$3500-$4000 Canadian. Price of pistons and additional
machining could be variables. The mechanic I went to
this morning estimated $8000 for his work. That was
with me dropping the car off and letting him do
everything. I have been all along prepared to spend
$4000 for a good job with me doing the re&re. Alowing
$600 for the mechanic to do the re&re I cant see where
I need to spend an additional $3000 for special work.

When looking at these costs keep in mond I am talking
Canadian dollars. Parts are the same they just cost
50% more. Labor is about even.

Nobody mentioned "Motor Up" or "Slick 50"

Paul