low compression.. all cylinders?

Hi all,
picked up what looks like is going to be a parts car for my K.
The engine hasnt run in what could be decades. The carb was frozen, the spark
plugs were missing but the engine wasnt locked up so I thought about trying
to start it.

Compression check shows about 30-40 psi in each cylinder. Is
this abnormality a result of just sitting stagnant for so long? Should I
waste time with plugs, wires, carb etc and trying to start it or is it just a
boat anchor?

Thanks
Mike