From: Andy Mikonis
To: mlw102@xxxx ; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 11:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] R&M Classic Cars

The people bidding/buying the high dollar cars at
these auctions are operating in a completely different
car world than most of the members of this club -
myself included.

I say this because a few years ago I caught wind of a
bogus 300 sold through RM, over which I heard they
were sued, then later the car went to Barrett-Jackson.
Read carefully: as a journalist, I approached a car
magazine editor regarding this car, and some other
questionable cars at the auction. I never heard back
from him but, within two hours I was contacted by a
B/J honcho and threatened with a lawsuit. I provided
the proof, they backed off. I never published a story
about it, though I'm not sure I wouldn't do it if it
happened today...

The big collector car auction world is all about the
money, not the integrity of the cars.

Andy Mikonis

--- mlw102@xxxx wrote:
> R&M Classic Cars has a fine reputation. They
> sell cars that run into
> the millions. They show you what they have and you
> can make your own opinion
> of the automobile. If you don't like what you see
> you don't have to bid.
> Car experts trust them explicitly.

> removed]

http://mailplus.yahoo.com