1955 C300 at RM Auctions

I registered to bid at the RM Auction in an attempt to buy back the C300 that I had owned for about 15 years.
I bought the car at the Kruse Scottsdale Auction on New Years Eve at 11:30 PM for $3700.

I had tried to purchase the car from Beaudry Chrysler in Tucson previously but he was firm at $6500. They had said they sold it when new and traded it in on a new car and had had it for about 10 years. It was on the showroom floor when I first saw it.

The car had about 60,000 miles on it when I got it and had about 92,000 miles when I sold it in '93 or '94 (need to check for sure). I bought this great totally original car as a driver and did just that.

The only restoration I did to the car was the tail pipes & mufflers and cleaned up the engine compartment. I installed an 8 volt battery to make it start better, kept the car properly lubed and drove the hell out of it. Great car with no problems.

The only reason, if there is one, that I sold it was that a broker from Dallas stopped by one day and heard I had a C300 that might be for sale. He said he had a customer in Amarillo, Texas that had a collection of 300's and needed a '55 to round out his herd.

We actually did a $1000 coin toss to a seam in my driveway to determine the price (I won). The down side was that I gave up one of the greatest cars I ever owned (always wished it was a red 300B) and I forgot to inform my family of the transaction for which I am still paying.

Back to the auction. The car was in about the same condition as when I sold it except for paint and new leather seats. Decent car but far from what I expected from such a collector of 300 Letter cars. I bid a couple of times and then the car exceeded what I thought it was worth and dropped out. Bye Bye C300!

The other 300 Club is/was going to tour Dr. Page (Paige?) collection in Amarillo this summer so I guess he does exist.

This is my first post to this group.

I currently own a '64 300K Cross Ram Convertible with air that I purchased in 1966 and is being restored by me for the 2nd time - Great driver car. I also own a K Coupe and an L Coupe (for sale) and a bunch of other brand X.

Sorry for this getting so long.

Ken Boyd
Albuquerque, New Mexico