Re: [Chrysler300] R&M Classic Cars

The people bidding/buying the high dollar cars at
these auctions are operating in a completely different
car world than most of the members of this club -
myself included.

I say this because a few years ago I caught wind of a
bogus 300 sold through RM, over which I heard they
were sued, then later the car went to Barrett-Jackson.
Read carefully: as a journalist, I approached a car
magazine editor regarding this car, and some other
questionable cars at the auction. I never heard back
from him but, within two hours I was contacted by a
B/J honcho and threatened with a lawsuit. I provided
the proof, they backed off. I never published a story
about it, though I'm not sure I wouldn't do it if it
happened today...

The big collector car auction world is all about the
money, not the integrity of the cars.

Andy Mikonis