pushbutton heat control problem/blower motor application

pushbutton heat control problem/blower motor application

Hello list,

The "off" pushbutton in my 64 300K will not push in
whatsoever. All of the lower buttons work fine. My
question is, do I need to tear into the dash or can
the problem be elsewhere? Any help troubleshooting
will be appreciated. Also my blower motor died soon
after. I have a replacement blower motor stamped on
case #1689714 and on box #1752276. Dated May 60. Can
anyone tell me if this motor will work for my
application?? Time to get this fixed before the
weather gets too foul here in San Jose, CA. Actually
the worst it gets some rain and temp in the 50's.

Thanks,
Sean
64 300K