300C

Sure sounds like a torque converter problem to me.
Wayne

Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 11:57:34 -0500
From: "Ed/Jan Hermes" <ehermes@xxxx>
Subject: 300C

Hi All,

Once again, I am seeking input from the knowledgeable.

The engine of my 300C is tuned to perfection. While the car is in neutral, it starts easily, idles nicely, and with a little warmup time I can rev the engine and it sounds/responds with vigor. The second carb kicks in and the engines sounds great. THIS IS WITH THE CAR STATIC.

Yet, when I put the car in gear and take it out on the road it is sluggish and vibrates under load ???? (At highway speed it seems to smooth out.)

Could it be torque converter or the drive shaft out of balance ???

HELP !

Thanks,
Ed Hermes
Cincinnati