           From: "Ed/Jan Hermes" <ehermes@xxxxxxxx>
      2. Fwd: 68 300 For Sale
           From: "Charles Heinitz" <ccheinitz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. chrome plating
           From: "my69300" <tubman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. chrome plating - answer
           From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. (no subject)
           From: MJMLandDev@xxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 11:57:34 -0500
   From: "Ed/Jan Hermes" <ehermes@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: 300C

Hi All,

Once again, I am seeking input from the knowledgeable.

The engine of my 300C is tuned to perfection. While the car is in neutral,
it starts easily, idles nicely, and with a little warmup time I can rev
the engine and it sounds/responds with vigor. The second carb kicks in and
the engines sounds great. THIS IS WITH THE CAR STATIC.

Yet, when I put the car in gear and take it out on the road it is sluggish
and vibrates under load ???? (At highway speed it seems to smooth out.)

Could it be torque converter or the drive shaft out of balance ???

HELP !

Thanks,
Ed Hermes
Cincinnati