From: joebril@xxxx
To: obiwan10@xxxx ; kreszockcm@xxxx ; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: kmotion45@xxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 10:39 AM
Subject: [Chrysler300] C300 w/ Corvette Brakes

Members,

To clarify speculation, I have the 1955 C300 with Corvette carbon fiber disc
brakes

The car is rallied - seven California Mille Miglias, Argentinia Mil Milas,
Colorado Grand...etc. I bought it from Martin Swig and restored it.

Shown at the Newark CA 300 Intl meet, Palo Alto Concours, Blackhawk Museum in
Danville CA.

Shown by Chrysler Corp at their Monterey meeting during 2002 Pebble Beach
Concours / Laguna Seca Historic races.

On display now near Niki Lauda's 1977 and Nigel Mansell's 1982 winning
Forrmula 1 cars. Nice spot for the old warrior.

Two stories about it in C300 International publications

Martin Swig did a restoration in 1990. Intrepid motors of Reno NV. I think
thats where the first disc brakes were installed.

Rafi Najjarian updated with Corvette Carbon Fiber Disc brakes on the front
in 2001. It has a totally rebuilt Hemi engine, drive train, rebuilt
suspension,etc.completed in summer 2001.

Makes Porsche drivers nervous going into tight turns when I'm on their tail.

Sorry, purists in our club. No way it could be driven as it is with the drum
brakes.
If I ever "retire it" from hard driving for good (doubt it) I might put the
drums back on. But not for now.

Larry Jett knows all about it too

300ly,

Joe Brilando