62 Ball joint conundrum

Hi All,
I've been redoing the front end on my 62 sport with a 413. I ordered a kit
from P.S.T. a while back. When I ordered the kit they asked me if I have a
413 or a 383, in their listings the kit for each engine being different.
Seamed to me, at the time, reasonable. As I took everything apart I noticed
the front wheel cylinders were leaking. For the price of new wheel cylinders
and shoes I could get complete 64 assemblies with new shoes and cylinders.
After posting on the listserver (thanks for the help) this was an easy
choice, with brakes superior is always better.

Well, when I brought back the spindles, I noticed the ball joint that I had
from the kit did not fit, and looking at my existing ball joints, I realized
they would fit the new spindles. So the parts from the kit were wrong. I
wanted to find out why. In my posting to the listserver I had never mentioned
that my car was a sport and not an H. The responses mentioned the ball joints
were the same in the 62 through 64 Chrysler short wheelbase cars. I then
checked the club website under the technical section for the Napa numbers.
The numbers in the website corresponded to the parts that P.S.T. had sent me.
Next I went out into my yard to figure out if there was a difference between
383 and 413 ball joints. The 62 Newport parts car with a 383 (not the 361)
had the same ball joints as both 62 300s with 413s. For good measure I
checked my 300 J. It had the same ball joints too.

Now to the reason for my posting. They were very helpful at P.S.T. and I want
to call them back and make sure their listing is correct for their parts (the
website too). Not having the patience to wait for P.S.T. to send me new
parts, I went down to Napa to get the ball joints I needed. Looking through
their books I noticed their listings mentioned only the smaller ball joints
for 62 short wheelbase Chryslers (260-1042 upper, 260-1043 lower). Since I do
not have a 300 H to go out and measure the ball joints, I cannot tell if the
website listing is wrong and if P.S.T.'s listing is wrong for 300 H. I want
others to be saved from the same hassle that I went though. I'm pretty sure
the kit I got would fit on the longer wheelbase 300 G (260-1048 upper,
260-1084 lower), the numbers all check out.

Sorry for the long message, but I do not want anybody else to lose driving
time.

300ly,
Sean Duggan
62,300 sport
62,300 convertible
63,300 J
62 Newport 4 door (Don't hesitate to ask if you need something)