From: SADuggan@xxxx [mailto:SADuggan@xxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 7:08 AM
To: CHRYSLER300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] Paint Options

Hi All again,

Now a question about paint.
I'm getting ready to paint my 62 300.
This car is not going to be a showcar, it's my
car to drive whenever I feel like it, something
I can hop in and drive around when the others
frustrate me. The car was orginally white, but
the previous owner painted it silver, very
cheaply. The silver paint is now literally
falling off the car.

Here's my question. Should the car be painted
single stage or double stage? Enamel, lacquer, or
urathane? What kind of primer should I use?
I haven't decided what color I'm going to paint
the car. I don't think I'm going to go with white,
but I'm going to stick to the early 60's Chrysler
color pallet. Does anybody know who has the
formulas for these colors? It might be good to
archive the formulas for the Chrysler colors.

Thanks Again,
Sean Duggan

For list server instructions, go to