Why the old days must have been better...

Why the old days must have been better...

Hey Club...

Thank you so much for all the responses on a non-300 issue. The
information is great! I have hope that my problems will be solved.

I know a lot of you don't have kids that are young, but you had station
wagons when you did. And here is why the old days must have been
better...

I love the wagon. I hate minivans and an SUV wasn't cool enough either.
The wagon has style and a 413...and it's "rosewood" a pinky-mauve
metallic color with a pale pink/grey top called "coral grey". You are
right about the airbag thing. I have my infant seat in the middle of
the front seat (rear facing) so we can see each other. The lap belts
are easier and safer to secure the carseats according to my local law
enforcement. My car holds three carseats across the back seat which
only the largest SUVs will do. The minivans and regular size SUVs I
would have had kids in "the way back" as well as the middle seat...which
is a pain to load 'em. I don't have to wrangle them UP and into the
SUV/minivan like my other friends. Plus! I have more cargo space than
the SUVs and minvans which is helpful for strollers, runs to the
hardware store and long car trips. And most importantly...when 60
minutes or 20/20 did the story on SUV rollovers, they asked the "expert"
what would be the safest car on the road. His response was the heaviest
car with the lowest profile...I win that award. It's very long, very
heavy and low to the ground.

One last comment...I drove my 300 daily for almost ten years. I get so
many more looks and comments on the wagon from passing strangers. The
attention the car gets is really amazing. If I had known this, I would
have driven a station wagon when I was single. Thank you for you kind
words. I think my husband married me just so he could drive my 300...he
was a Cadillac man until I got a hold of him.

Jennifer