Re: [Chrysler300] '65 engine detail.

I purchased a new 1965 Dodge Coronet 440 with the 426 Street Wedge engine. Here is how it was detailed:

The color was Turquoise green, not High performance orange or red like the ram cars. I think this is what yours should be also.

The throttle bracket that bolts to the rear intake manifold bolts was also Turquoise including the manifold bolt heads. The clamp on the inside of the bracket that secures the throttle cable was NOT painted nor was the cable end or the clamp bolt.

My exhaust manifolds had some overspray on them in the areas where the manifolds joined the heads. It extended, in some cases, to cover portions of the studs and nuts that retained the manifolds to the heads.

The coil bracket was unpainted.

Sending units were unpainted.

Mine had chrome rocker arm covers so they were, of course, unpainted but a standard engine had Tourquoise covers with paint on the exposed portions of the gaskets in a hit or miss fasion. I think a mask of some sort was used on the chrome covers because mine had some paint on the original gaskets and a little overspray on the rim of the covers.

The alternator support brackets, adjusting strap, and spacers were painted a medium gloss black. Bolt heads were unpainted.

The spouts for the heater hoses were galvaqnized and unpainted.

The water pump was painted as part of the engine and had some overspray on the shaft and seal. The clutch fan had no signs of overspray anywhere.

The carburetor pad had some overspray under the carb gasket.

Plug wires had no signs of overspray.

Thats the best of my recollection. Hope it helps. It should be pretty close to your Chrysler.
regards,
Larry Johnson