Re: [Chrysler300] Motor

Just for clarification Gary, most wouldn't bore a street engine any more than it had to be bored but I've been told a 383 can be bored up to 90 thou and a 440 to as much as 80 by a very reputable builder in my area.(I've never taken one more than .060 myself) Obviously availablity of piston in that diameter is an important issue to consider but knowing how much material is actually there gives an idea of how safe it really is taking a B or RB block to that oversize. Many people tend to think .060 is leaving very little 'meat' there.

As for the torque plate, I've never been charged extra to have one used and if your builder has one for your engine you are better to use it than not. Its purpose is simply to preload the block to simulate the installation of the heads while the machining is being performed so that when you bolt your heads on there is no distortion in the cylinder walls. This seems like a positive procedure to me so long as there is no real additional cost. Maybe it wasn't worth mentioning but I usually like to cover these details when people ask and let them decide.

On another subject, has anyone been in contact with Gary Goers lately? He shorted me my interior carpet on my 'big' order and he hasn't been responding to my emails for the past four weeks. It's unlike him.....is he alright? I don't want to bug him by calling him but I guess I might have to.

Ryan