From: "Bob Jasinski" <rpjasin@xxxx>
To: "Chrysler 300 Email Network" <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 11:34 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] Brake Shoe Springs

> Herman Meiners' message struck a chord with me.
>
> In the past, the rear drums in my G have scraped against the springs and
wore a noticeable amount of metal away on the side of the spring. When I
did the brakes 3 years ago, I checked and adjusted the axle shaft end play,
but didn't have a source for new springs, so I put the old ones back in
place. At this point I think the rubbing problem is gone as haven't heard
the tell-tale squeak as I navigate cloverleaf's. I sure would like to get
new replacements though. Can anyone recommend a source for new brake
springs?