Re: [Chrysler300] U-joins, everything you've always wanted to know!

Re: [Chrysler300] U-joins, everything you've always wanted to know!

Hello Group,

I am on my way out of the country, again, so a quick message.

I had the driveshaft for my G rebuilt last year by:
Driveline 1
1369-A Frank Road
Columbus, OH 43223
614-279-7734

This is a small company owned by a couple of good old boys, one of
which has a nasty black '69 or '70 300 with big meats on the back and
skinnies in the front.... ( I haven't seen it in years)

I have had these guys do many driveshafts for me, from racecars to
restorations. As soon as I walked in the door with G driveshaft in hand,
the comment that came my way was "You and your damn Mopars!" This was
done tounge in cheek as Bruce is a bit of a wise acre. Keep in mind, he
recongnized the application without the car attached.

I tell this story only because these guys know our cars. He told me
that the Ball and Trunions were getting difficult to find. I doubt that
these guys have any connections that John Hertogs source wouldn't , but
it may be worth a try. If nohing else, they can do the work for you.
Just be prepared for an earful if you call them.

Good luck, I know this will not go over well with the purests, but the
guys at Driveline 1 recommended converting the ball and trunion to a
standard U-Joint. This was not the direction I went, but probably will
next time it needs serviced.

Best regards,

Richard Osborne

>>> "David Schwandt" <finsrus@xxxx> 02/22/02 08:16AM >>>