[Chrysler300] Re: riaising a brute

There is a service in Grand Rapids, MI that will re-arc, re-bush,
etc. leaf springs. I understand they will make them almost like new.
I'm sure it's a fraction of the cost of replacing them. My "F" is a
bit low in the rear, and I plan on having them re-arced in the
spring.

I would think most decent-sized cities would also have this service
available.

Mike

--- In Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ray Jones <hurst300@xxxx> wrote:
> The rear hight is the key to your problem, I think. You may just
have
> weak springs, lowering the rear too much.
> Once you know the correct bumper hight, check and see how yours
matches
> up If you find it low, call the club office and order new Eaton
> springs.
> Regards, Ray
> Y'all have a great holiday season, and tell all those special
people
> that you love them.
>
> On Dec 23, 2004, at 3:35 PM, jpeabo@xxxx wrote:
>
> >     I'm scraping my tail pipes every time I use my steep
driveway.
> > Between that and all the hills here in Pittsburgh, I'm thinking
of
> > using air shocks to raise the rear of my C-300. I've come up
with a
> > shock that will bolt up. I don't know where to find the original
> > shocks specs. The air shocks extend to 20&3/8. compress to
12&1/2 and
> > have a travel of  7&5/8 inch.   Maybe someone in the club knows
the
> > extension and compression  parameters of a C-300. I'm not
looking to
> > change the original look of the car. I just want to drive and
not
> > worry about scraping pipes or worse, ruining my rear bumper.
Also
> > would be useful  if I ever needed towed. Any information
including
> > original rear height of car would be appreciated.   Thanks, and
have a
> > safe and enjoyable holidays,  John Peabody #3711

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used