      1. Re: Chrysler news from California
           From: "christopher beilby" <thelastbestgenius@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Golden Quill Award
           From: cotejohnr@xxxxxxx
      3. 300 L front wheel alignement
           From: Philippe Courant <accf-club@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Chrysler news from California
           From: Andy Mikonis <r41hp@xxxxxxxxx>
      5. Chrysler news for the new "300C"
           From: "car man" <carbuyer02@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. F part needed
           From: "BobMerritt" <rcmerritt@xxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: 300 L front wheel alignement
           From: "Steve Galezowski" <stevenlulu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. 1962 300 sports
           From: "Lindsay, Jerold" <Jerold.Lindsay@xxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: Chrysler news for the new "300C"
           From: "Steve Galezowski" <stevenlulu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. 1964 K chrome parts
           From: "mlit" <mlit1964@xxxxxxxxx>
     11. Re: Golden Quill Award
           From: RONVE@xxxxxxx
     12. 1962 300 SMALL diameter torsion bars needed
           From: "Jess" <jdmiklas@xxxxxxx>
     13. Master Cylinder Acting Up
           From: "Frank Bakanau" <FBAKANAU@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: Brake lock up
           From: "Bob Jasinski" <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     15. Re: Master Cylinder Acting Up
           From: Jack Farris <jackfarris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     16. Re: Chrysler news for the new "300C"
           From: fastedgie@xxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 21:23:58 +1000
   From: "christopher beilby" <thelastbestgenius@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Chrysler news from California

Sorry to go here again !!!!

Seems like positive comment from Chrysler's latest offerings - but has
anyone OFFICIALLY TOLD CHRYSLER THAT SOME/MOST?!!  300C OWNERS, THE CLUB ?!,
WOULD PREFER THEY DID NOT RE-USE 300C NAME ON NEW 4 DOOR MODEL ?!  Please do
it- they do not have to agree/listen, but at least someone has told them
some are not happy - I mean without us saving/using the 300s, who would know
what they are/were???!!!

I note a comment subsequent to my last, re Ferrari re-using their famed
Testarosa name on a later lessor version (TV's "Miami Vice" era I believe?)
- at least this was a 'highest for it's day' high performance V12 2 door GT
version, and they did not specifically try and pass it off as the
original'?!
(And not wishing to go down new tracks, most Ferraris seem to have a 'mystic
and legend' that is greater than the car when you come to own or drive one -
even the famed/revered 70s Daytona was a magnificent engine, but in a car
that drove 'bigger' than most US cars below 70 mph.  I am perhaps
prejudiced, owning a 70s Lambo, but even this was only after the first two
of the same model of these I drove were major disapointments, it taking a
good original low mileage car to show how it was all supposed to be - bloody
magnificent once over 25 mph, that magic howl, and rush in every gear, total
lack of wind noise over 70 mph, that race car steering feel, etc..)

And for 300 C lovers, drove a 120K mile '58 Cadillac sedan De Ville the
other day - it drove scarey compared to Chrysler's new '57 torsion bar front
end - like you wouldn't want to swerve/brake suddenly at over 70 mph.  I own
a 58 Cad convertible (for 24 years now), and this 4 door sedan was so very
'loose'  compred to my 2 door - maybe apart from stronger convertible
chassis, my convert has/had stiffer front/rear springs - whatever, any of
you that have seen that '57 Chrysler dealer tape of comparisons to '57 GM
cars, you better believe it, you can tell it as soon as you are moving, turn
the wheel, brake.

Enough for now, brialliant mid 20sC autumn sunny days here is Australia,
petrol now back down around 81c per litre, my 300s sitting idle as i use my
open cars, but cooler predicted for weekend so looks like my usual 300
driving fun is not far off.

Aussie Christopher

>From: Andy Mikonis <r41hp@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: joebril@xxxxxxx, chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Chrysler news from California
>Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 08:05:26 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Hi Joe, thanks for the update.  I've made a couple
>visits to the front lines recently myself, and want to
>add a couple thoughts.
>
>I attended the New York Auto Show and saw the beast in
>person, but if we can get past the styling for a
>moment, it's hard to argue that performance is back at
>Chrysler.
>
>I've driven a few Ram pickups with the so-called HEMI
>engine, they are very fast and lots of fun.
>
>Last week I went to Road America and drove a bunch of
>new cars (all different makes) around the track,
>including Viper, Crossfire, and Neon SRT-4. This was
>my third occasion to drive a new Viper, it has more
>power yet it's WAY easier to drive than the old one.
>Big improvement. The Crossfire was really a surprise.
>I drove the automatic, and yes, it does get to 100 mph
>very fast, and handles great.  However, it's pretty
>cozy inside - I'm 6'4'' and my hair was touching the
>headliner.  Neon SRT-4 217-hp and turbocharged = very
>fun. Fastest car you can buy for under $20K (yes,
>that's $19,995!) I got to take it home for the
>weekend, despite its cop-bait yellow paint and the boy
>racer wing on the trunk, I LOVED it.
>
>Yes, I'm stressing the positives here, but good things
>ARE happening over at Chrysler. Styling is a matter of
>taste, raw performance numbers are not. I think we can
>be proud.
>
>One last comment: the "300C" uses steering and
>suspension parts from the E-Class Mercedes. I took an
>E500 around the track.  I swear I drove it as fast as
>the Corvette Z06 (probably says something about my
>driving!) What a car.  The 300-whatever will be a lot
>different, it's bigger and heavier for one thing, but
>what a base to build on.  Add the Hemi, and wow, it's
>going to be a hot car.
>
>And hey, you won't be able to see what it looks like
>on the outside while you're driving it!
>
>Andy

>http://search.yahoo.com

Hotmail now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_mobile.asp

Message: 2