           From: "Karl Peterson" <longrammopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: 300C on Front Page
           From: "Timothy D. Bowers" <tbowers1@xxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Dash Pad from Just Dashes
           From: "Richard Osborne" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Email
           From: "Jerry" <mopar-man@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Dash Pad from Just Dashes
           From: "Langendorfer" <langendorfer@xxxxxxxxx>
      6. Suspicious email
           From: "Jerry" <mopar-man@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. 300c
           From: "Mikael Färdig" <mickefardig57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. low hot oil pressure
           From: Sharon Stoll <chrybstn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Wiring and Vacuum Diagrams
           From: "Larry Beckham" <lrbeck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 10:44:38 -0500
   From: "Karl Peterson" <longrammopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Results of Oil Pump removal

I thought the list would like to know.....

I installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge.  I decided to go ahead and
remove the pan and inspect the pump pickup and screen.

Before draining the oil, the pressure was 45# at cold start up and after
hot, especially at idle, dropped to 20#, but would return to approx 30# at
highway speeds.  (I guess it really wasn't as low as the factory dashboard
gauge had indicated).

Upon inspecting the oil pickup after dropping the pan, I found it to be
clogged with particles resembling thin pieces of "caulking" and very small
strips of what looked like felt gasket material.

After cleaning all the gook off, I flushed the system with 10w oil, replaced
the pan and refilled the sump with SAE 30 HD Quaker State and a new Napa
Silver filter.

At start up the oil pressure was 50#.  After well warmed up, the pressure
dropped to 30# to 35# at low speed and at idle.  At highway speeds, pressure
remained at 50#.

I am satisfied with the results and relieved that I don't have a major
rebuild staring me in the face at this time.  I want to thank ALL who
offered hints, tips, suggestions and some invaluable information that I
wasn't remotely aware of. I couldn't have done it without y'all.

Karl
'61 300G

Message: 2