           From: "PaddyCaddy ." <paddycaddy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. 66 steering wheel
           From: Paul Thomassen <thomassenp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. '57-'58 Convt top frame
           From: "Vath, Michael J." <mjvath@xxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 16:33:29 -0500
   From: "PaddyCaddy ." <paddycaddy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 55-56 Carter Carbs

http://www.thecarburetorshop.com/Kchrysler2.htm

Having just been thru this myself, I doubt there is much difference as you

will find sources - like the one above - that claim that the 2444 and 2445

carbs were oferred in 1955 (late?) also.  An old Carter book I have lists
the 2317 as being correct for the 1955 only - so who knows !

I'm GUESSING that the metering valves or adjustments for the secondaries
might be a bit different.  But they should still mount and work fine on
either engine.

It all depends on how picky you are about having everything original.

Also, if it turns out you have a spare 2317 kicking around, I would be
interested.

Sean.

>From: jrcote56@xxxxxxx
>To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [Chrysler300] Carter Carbs
>Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:19:35 EST
>
>Hi group,
>Is there an easy way to determine the carb number on set of carters that
>have
>the brass carb number tabs missing??
>I have what seems to be a matched set that I believe to be off either a
'55
>300 or a 300 B but both brass number tabs are missing.
>1 .   Is there an easy external way (casting numbers or whatever) to tell

>if
>they are #2317's off a C-300 or a set of #2444, 2445's off a '56 300B.??
>2.    Anyone know why they changed from '55 to '56 other than to feed
>another
>23 cubic inches with higher compression?
>Thanks,
>John Cote

Message: 2