           From: Andy Mikonis <r41hp@xxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Digest Number 15
           From: Johan Andersson <JOHAN.300@xxxxxxxxxx>
      3. 57 300C Questions
           From: "Rusty and Thelma Roe" <saxblowr@xxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: What is it?
           From: "Jim Pristelski" <ajp002@xxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 08:36:11 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Andy Mikonis <r41hp@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: decals

Hi All,

I have researched this for 300Gs, and would have to
agree with Roger 100%.  There are a few clear engine
shots of Gs from road tests and press release photos
of the day which support this. Makes sense the F would
be the same.

Andy

ALL
> stickers were placed on all air cleaners in the same
> location, BEFORE the air
> cleaners were placed on the engine. As a result,
> left and right air cleaners
> are EXACTLY the same, and more importantly, when
> placed on the engine, one
> side (the driver's side) appears to face nearly
> BACKWARDS! Nearly all
> restorers get this wrong.
>
>             When viewed from the front, the
> passenger-side sticker should be
> in the seven or seven-thirty position (if six
> o'clock is exactly to the front
> of the car), and the driver's side sticker should be
> about ten or eleven
> o'clock (which seems backwards). As a result,
> swapping air cleaners from side
> to side will make no difference; the stickers will
> remain in the same
> relative position! Of course, make sure you have
> oriented the air cleaner
> "dents" properly (passenger side "dent" at about ten
> o'clock to clear small
> vacuum pot, etc.) first.
>
>             Concours judges (and entrants) please
> take note.
>
>                                             300F'ly,
>
>                                             Roger
> Karlson

Get email alerts & NEW webcam video instant messaging with Yahoo!
Messenger
http://im.yahoo.com

Message: 2