      1. Ever wonder why Michigan is so loyal to the Big 3?
           From: "Wieland, Elizabeth" <EWieland@xxxxxxxxxx>
      2. I knew I was gonna get in thouble
           From: " Jim McMullan" <macthehammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: I knew I was gonna get in thouble
           From: Andy Mikonis <r41hp@xxxxxxxxx>
      4. re vacuum plating
           From: "Fern Rivard" <crc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Re: Fuel and Related
           From: "Laurence G. Johnson" <laurence_g_johnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Who knows WWW (radial) Dayton tire ?
           From: Philippe COURANT <accf_clb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 14:35:12 -0400
   From: "Wieland, Elizabeth" <EWieland@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Ever wonder why Michigan is so loyal to the Big 3?

I received this from Phil Kuyava.  Thought it was interesting enough to pass
along ~ even though it doesn't address 300s!  I'm not sure who he got if
from but ...

After seeing a short news listing on "CNN Headline News" regarding Ford and
GM's
contributions to the relief and recovery efforts in New York City and
Washington D.C., I was prompted to see what the other automotive companies
were contributing.  I have never worked for an automotive company - nor has
anyone in my family.  It is, however, the prominent industry here in
Michigan.  I also feel it is important to know which companies are there for
us in a crisis.

I went to (the news, press release and philanthropic areas of) each of the
companies' web sites.  If the company had several sites, I tried to visit
them all.  Additionally, I visited the leading news and automotive sites.

As of today, one week since the attacks, this is what I have found:

Aston Martin - Nothing.

Audi - Nothing.  Audi's web site states "Audi News: Always up to the
minute."

BMW - Nothing despite other press releases/postings since 09/11/01  BMW's
web site states "The news service from the BMW Group: Fast, informative and
comprehensive." Last updated 09/13/01.

Daewoo International - Nothing.

Daimler Chrysler (includes Dodge, Jeep, Mercedes-Benz and Plymouth) $10
million to support the children and victims in addition to other donations
from their employees, dealers and suppliers.

Fiat - Nothing.

Ford Motor Company (includes Jaguar, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury and Volvo) $1
million to the American Red Cross, matching employee contributions to the
American Red Cross and 10 Excursions to the New York Fire Department. The
company has also offered emergency response team services and office space
to displaced government employees.

General Motors (includes Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Oldsmobile,
Pontiac,Saab and Saturn) - $1 million to the American Red Cross, matching
employee contributions and a fleet of vans, trucks and SUVs.

Honda (includes Acura) - Nothing.  Honda's site states, "If you're looking
for the latest developments taking place at Honda, you've come to the right
place" and "Informative.
Timely.  Credible.  The latest news on Honda can always be found right
here?"  No press releases/postings since  09/04/01 when the release boasted
"American Honda Motor Co., Inc. recorded its second best sales month ever in
August."  My search included:
hondamotorcycle.com (other press releases posted on this site since
09/11/01), honda.com, honda2001.com, world.honda.com, acura.com and
honda.co.jp.

Hyundai Motors Group (includes Kia) - $300,000 to the American Red Cross.

Isuzu - Nothing.

Mitsubishi Motors - Nothing.  Mitsubishi-motors.co.jp site states, "The
latest news about Mitsubishi Motors."  I also searched mitsubishimotors.com.

Nissan - Nothing despite other press releases/postings since 09/11/01.

Porsche - Press release with condolences posted on the Porsche web site on
09/12/01, but no contribution.

Subaru - Nothing despite other press releases/postings since 09/11/01.

Suzuki - Nothing.

Toyota (includes Lexus) - Press release with condolences posted on the
Toyota web site on 09/14/01, but no contribution, despite earlier press
releases boasting that Toyota had high sales in July and August.

Volkswagen - The employees and management created a Foundation, funded
initially with $2 million, to assist the children and victims with
humanitarian help including medical and psychological assistance,
rehabilitation and scholarships.

I can only hope that it is an oversight by the companies that have not made
a contribution and that they will join the relief efforts.  We have the
freedom to choose which companies we make purchases from and I, for one,
will make my purchases from and give my money to the companies that are
giving their money to America at this time of need.  I hope that you will,
too.

Please forward this e-mail - especially to anyone you know who is thinking
of purchasing a vehicle.

Remember this the next time you make that move to buy your next car...New or
used.....

Who gave what to help OUR Beautiful United States of America.........

The information contained in this transmission, which may be
confidential and proprietary, is only for the intended recipients.
Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
transmission in error, please notify me immediately by telephone
or electronic mail and confirm that you deleted this transmission
and the reply from your electronic mail system.

Message: 2