From: hemipowerflite . <hemipowerflite@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Larry Ashbaugh <alienvoice@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Mar 12, 2020 7:54 pm
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Starting Question

Most likely, you have low voltage at the coil due to bad connections through the firewall or other places. Once the starter stops cranking, you get more power and it can start. Check the line & all connectors to see where the drop in voltage occurs. Using an HEI or other electronic ignition can help because you can eliminate the ignition resistor. Another possibility, although remote, is that there is an issue with your ignition switch so that it doesn't supply power to your coil while cranking. But this isn't as likely.

Nathan