[FWDLK] 55/56 Plymouth hood hinge install - best method?

[FWDLK] 55/56 Plymouth hood hinge install - best method?

FLML,

I am pondering the best way to install my rebuilt 56 Plymouth hood hinges.
Thus far I determined I will install the springs on the hinges before attempting to bolt the hinges to the car. My question is how does one properly, or as close as possible, attach the hinges to the chassis since the chassis mounting holes are so large compared to the stud, washer, and nut that will secure the hinges to the chassis? The three large chassis mounting hole are quite large and that makes for a lot of 360 deg.adjustment. I don’t want to install hinges so far out of alignment that the hood closes on the fenders and chips the paint.
Do you have suggestions or past experience to relay?
Thank you!
Gary