Re: [FWDLK] ebay Item number: 330175275427

Re: [FWDLK] ebay Item number: 330175275427

Well, Old Cars Weekly DID write the book.

Neil, I don't get what you're saying. This is what I see differentiating the OCW grades 2 and 3:

A-2= WELL-restored, or a combination of SUPERIOR restoration and EXCELLENT original.

A-3= Completely OPERABLE original or "OLDER restoration" showing wear. Also, a good AMATEUR restoration, all presentable and serviceable inside and out.

B-2= an extremely  well-maintained original showing very minimal wear.

B-3= combinations of well-done restoration and good operable components; or a partially restored car with all parts necessary to complete it and/or valuable NOS parts

C-2= Except for the very CLOSEST inspection, a No. 2 vehicle may appear as a No. 1. The No. 2 vehicle will take the top award in many judged shows, except when squared off against a No. 1 example in its own class. It may also be driven 800-1,000 miles each year to shows, on tours, and simply for pleasure.

C-3= This is a "20-FOOTER." That is, from 20 feet away it may look perfect. But as we approach it, we begin to notice that the paint may be getting a little thin in spots from frequent washing and polishing. Looking inside we might detect some wear on the driver¹s seat, foot pedals, and carpeting. The chrome trim, while still quite presentable, may have lost the sharp, mirror-like reflective quality it had when new. All systems and equipment are in good operating order. In general, most of the vehicles seen at car shows are No. 3s.

When I went to Northwestern School of Law, (class of 77) we had number grades from 0 through 90, 59 and below was failing and students had to maintain a 68 average. So the 68.2's are lawyers and the 67.9's are... something else. [BTW, attrition rate was 67%.]

--Roger van Hoy, Washougal, WA, '55 DeSoto, '58 DeSoto, '56 Plymouth, '66 Plymouth, '41 Dodge

----- Original Message ----- From: "eastern sierra Adj Services" <esierraadj@xxxxxxxxx>