[FWDLK] Plastic medallion reconditioning

[FWDLK] Plastic medallion reconditioning

Quite a few years agho I successfully refurbished painted plaastic
medallions on a car.  I sanded the paint off with 200 grit, then finished
with 600 grit and smoothed edges finally with very fine steel wool.  The
finish was still opaque at that point, but then I sprayed a thin coat of
urethane varnish, and the medallions came up well.  I sold the car, so I
don't know how well the new finish lasted, but I don't see why it shouldn't
have been pretty permanent.  If there are deep cracks ion the plastic, this
obviously won't do anything for them.

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm