[FWDLK] Junkyardin!

Hi all,
   I just returned from a short road trip through the great northwoods of WI.  As I entered one small town, I noticed a yard off in the brush that looked as though it has been there for a while.  I asked the family if they were interested in a "nature hike" through the yard...no takers...I did stop and ask if they still had some fifties cars...yes!
I asked if I could take a look and they told me to come back in the morning, as it was already pushing 4 pm and they would close soon.   I took the family to a motel, and the next morning I was there.."alone", at 7 am.
   The yard manager told me to go ahead and enjoy, and he also gave me the approximate locations of  some 50's Mopars.   Now the fun starts...I was only about 2 minutes into the journey when I was nearly carried away by some of the thirstiest mosquitoes in the northwoods!   Clouds of them!   So, amidst the rain and the mosquitoes, I continued on...one step...two swats...one step...I will personally guarantee another years population of those pests, as I donated enough blood to start a blood bank.  Now, not only do I have enough bites from the skeeters to last a lifetime, I now have an army of wood ticks crawling over my entire lower half...I would brush 10 to 30 off at a time...I began to think I would be entering a Stephen King film lot just over the next rise and see Christine snarling at some unsuspecting tourist....me!   Now, one also needs to know, it is mating season for an abundant population of Black Bears in this area.  No, no bear bites, just the answer to an age old question...Do bears s--t in the woods?...YES, and amongst the many rows of old iron.   I only caught a glimpse of what I believe to have been a bear near the carcass of a 57 Ford, and that my friends kept me on my toes for the rest of the two hour tour!  (I was bit by a bear as a young kid, so I do have a fear of them.)
   Cutting to the chase...I came across the rusting shell of a 58 Plymouth convertible, everything gone!   A couple of 57 and 58 Plymouth 4 dr. sedans...a few parts to be had, A 57/8 Ply 2 dr. hdtp...nasty rust heap, a 59 Ply. 4 dr...not much to write home about there, a 55 Ply. 4 dr. seemed to be complete, not sure though!  A couple of  58-60 Chryslers and Imperials, I did not go into the brush to check these out, as I was getting weak from the "blood loss", and needed to save energy in case of a fast retreat from bears!   :)   A 56 DeSoto or two, and many early fifties Chrysler products.
   My plan is to go back this fall when the trees are turning colors, the ticks go to hibernate, and the skeeters have been frosted over, and get a better look at the above cars and maybe some I did not see because of the foliage and nasty "shopping" conditions.  Oh yeah, I did "not" take any pics, even though I had the camera along, because of the rain and the pests.  And what did you do on your vacation?     John in WI    have a good one!